cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, does anyone has a suggestion of how to select the best features ( in general) for my application with the MLC & FSM on the accelerometer IMU ?

TS.2
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @TS.2​ ,

ST IMU devices equipped with embedded MLC and FSM can be grouped into two main categories:

So, it basically depends upon your application. If you need both axl and gyro, IMUs are mandatory. Among them, if you need to acquire high-in-intensity angular rate (up to 400dps), you may need the LSM6DSRX, otherwise the LSM6DSOX is enough (both have very similar performances); on the other hand, if you need longevity guarantees (at least 10 years) or you use it in an industrial environment, the ISM330DHCX would be the best choice.

As a general consideration, please note that the "X" after the part number name stands -in most cases- for "with embedded MLC".

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @TS.2​ ,

ST IMU devices equipped with embedded MLC and FSM can be grouped into two main categories:

So, it basically depends upon your application. If you need both axl and gyro, IMUs are mandatory. Among them, if you need to acquire high-in-intensity angular rate (up to 400dps), you may need the LSM6DSRX, otherwise the LSM6DSOX is enough (both have very similar performances); on the other hand, if you need longevity guarantees (at least 10 years) or you use it in an industrial environment, the ISM330DHCX would be the best choice.

As a general consideration, please note that the "X" after the part number name stands -in most cases- for "with embedded MLC".

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

What is the difference between LSM6DSO and LSM6DSOX?

Hi @BDiva.1​ ,

the LSM6DSOX is equipped by the digital block "Machine Learning Core" (or MLC), while the LSM6DSO not.

The other electromechanical specifications are similar.

-Eleon