cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I have three questions.

Ljiah.1
Associate II

1. For folder en. Fp-sns-stbox1_ firmware_ For the project blesensors in v1.3.0, 

the existing user manual is too simple to meet the needs.

Is there a more detailed code explanation, analysis and programming ideas. 

2. On the premise of not using mobile app, 

can the data generated by sensorfile. Box be saved to the computer through Bluetooth transmission? 

If yes, is there any relevant information and operation help?

3. Is there a more detailed introduction to the Bluetooth transmission principle between sensorfile. Box and mobile app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jiazi.1hao​ ,

I'm sorry, using Unicleo-GUI is only possible to acquire data via VCOM using the DatalogExtended example in the fp-sns-stbox1.

In order to acquire sensor data via BLE on your PC, you should use the STBLE Sensor apk on Github (link), running it on your PC with Android studio and setting the BLE communication with the SensorTile.box in this way.

Maybe there are other more general BLE GUIs to do it, but I'm not an expert on this.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @jiazi.1hao​ ,

Let me try to answer to your questions here below:

>> 1. For folder en. Fp-sns-stbox1_ firmware_ For the project blesensors in v1.3.0,  the existing user manual is too simple to meet the needs. Is there a more detailed code explanation, analysis and programming ideas. 

Do you mean you are interested in more a more detailed description of the Bluetooth transmission? If so, besides the function pack you can see the Github source code of the STBLE Sensor app on Github (link).

>> 2. On the premise of not using mobile app, can the data generated by sensortile. Box be saved to the computer through Bluetooth transmission? 

If yes, is there any relevant information and operation help?

Yes it is possible. you can use Unicleo-GUI tool to acquire sensor data from the Sensortile.box via BLE on your PC.

Please have a look to this presentation and to this user manual.

>> 3. Is there a more detailed introduction to the Bluetooth transmission principle between sensortile. Box and mobile app?

See point 1. for the details about the BLE communication of the app.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

Ljiah.1
Associate II

With regard to your answer to the second question, I have a question. sensortile.box and mobile app can save the sensor data on the mobile phone through Bluetooth wireless transmission. If the Unicleo-GUI tool on the computer is not used, can sensortile.box and the computer (win10) realize real-time data storage on the computer through Bluetooth wireless transmission? Is it feasible? Please give me some advice. Is there any way?

With regard to your answer to the second question, I have a question. sensortile.box and mobile app can save the sensor data on the mobile phone through Bluetooth wireless transmission. If the Unicleo-GUI tool on the computer is not used, can sensortile.box and the computer (win10) realize real-time data storage on the computer through Bluetooth wireless transmission? Is it feasible? Please give me some advice. Is there any way?

For “you can use Unicleo-GUI tool to acquire sensor data from the Sensortile.box via BLE on your PC.�? I want to know how the Unicleo GUI tool transmits data through ble and Sensortile. Box. Is there an operation guide for the relevant process?

I use folder en. Fp-sns-stbox1_ firmware_ Bin in blesensors in v1.3.0, 

when I try to connect the sensorfile. Box with the computer Bluetooth through ble, and then use the unicleo GUI tool. 

The problem shown in the figure below always fails, but I don't know how to fix the pin code as 123456.As you said, “you can use Unicleo-GUI tool to acquire sensor data from the Sensortile.box via BLE on your PC.�?, How to solve this problem?please give me some feasible help.Thank you.

0693W00000FDjWhQAL.png

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @jiazi.1hao​ ,

The storage of the data can be done "automatically" in the SD card of the Sensortile.box, and can be configured through the application. If you however want to store the data in the PC, you have use the capability of the specific OS to store the data streamed on USB or BLE. For example, here below a simple description to save a Teraterm log:

1. Do [File] Log command.
  2. "Tera Term: Log" dialog box will be shown. Input the saving file name to `File Name:'...
  3. Push OK button, "Tera Term: Log" icon will be shown. And logging will start.
  4. Push Close or Pause button on the logging dialog box if you finish the logging or temporarily stop.

About the BLE pairing, you cannot connect the Sensortile.box to the smartphone and to the PC at the same time, since you can pair only two devices per time. You might have to clear the Bluetooth whitelist on one device before connecting it with the other device. Pairing code is always 123456.

>> I want to know how the Unicleo GUI tool transmits data through ble and Sensortile. Box. Is there an operation guide for the relevant process?

I'm afraid the only documentation available is the FP-SNS-BOX1 one. You might be interested in the uuid_ble_service.h file.

-Eleon

"Yes it is possible. you can use Unicleo-GUI tool to acquire sensor data from the Sensortile.box via BLE on your PC."I want to ask you about the deeper meaning of this sentence in the previous answer. I don't understand what you said. Can you say your meaning in more detail? thank you

Hi @jiazi.1hao​ ,

I'm sorry, using Unicleo-GUI is only possible to acquire data via VCOM using the DatalogExtended example in the fp-sns-stbox1.

In order to acquire sensor data via BLE on your PC, you should use the STBLE Sensor apk on Github (link), running it on your PC with Android studio and setting the BLE communication with the SensorTile.box in this way.

Maybe there are other more general BLE GUIs to do it, but I'm not an expert on this.

-Eleon