cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heading

Error_Code
Associate II

Hi,

Im using LSM6DSV16B & IIS2MDC for one of my project , how can i find heading using these sensor. Is there any library available for heading calculation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Error_Code ,

Are you looking for the sensor fusion library to get quaternions and Euler angles? If yes, you can refer to the MotionFX library of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 firmware function pack, which runs as middleware on STM32 and provides real-time motion-sensor data fusion. 

Let me know if this helps.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes

Presumably Quaterions to pitch, roll, yaw type computation. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

could you share me the library, and which filter is used to estimate the same.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Error_Code ,

Are you looking for the sensor fusion library to get quaternions and Euler angles? If yes, you can refer to the MotionFX library of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 firmware function pack, which runs as middleware on STM32 and provides real-time motion-sensor data fusion. 

Let me know if this helps.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your response, I have few more doubts regarding the same.
1. What if im using a controller other than stm. if so how i can make these without  X-CUBE-MEMS1 firmware function pack?

2.If im using stm mcu for the same , what advantage I'm going to have?

3.Could you suggest  an mcu which have to read these raw data from above sensors?

1. Of course you can use any MCU for processing, but STMicroelectronics understandably only supports the STM32. However, the X-Cube firmware may only be used on STM32, otherwise you are in breach of the Software Licence Agreement SLA0077:
    [...] Restrictions: [...] You acknowledge and agree that any use, adaptation, translation or transcription of the Licensed Software or any portion or derivative thereof, for use with (i) product that does not include ST Device and/or (ii) with device, having similar functionalities to ST Devices, manufactured by or for an entity other than ST, is a material breach of this Agreement and requires a separate license from ST.
  2. You can freely use libraries like X-CUBE-MEMS1.
  3. Any STM32 based on Cortex-M0+, Cortex-M3, Cortex-M4, Cortex-M33 or Cortex-M7 can be used.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.