Did you mean: 

H3LIS331DL configuartion issues

Thangaraj Ponnusamy
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2018 at 16:32

Hi,

I am working with H3LIS331DL sensor . my configuration is as follows

1. 1Power on the sensor
  2. configure the control register 1 with normal power mode and data rate 1000hz
  3. configure interrupt source1 for data ready interrupt
  4. GPIO call back registered for data ready interrupt.

This scenario is working fine. we are sampling after getting the data ready interrupt.

I have some special cases where i am facing some issues.

if there is some delay in step 2 and step 3 due to some other register configuration example configuring thecontrol register 4 then (in between step 2 and 3)i am not getting the data ready interrupt. This is one issue.

Next one is after step 4 if get data ready interrupt in case if i delayed to clear the data ready interrupt by reading the data for more than 3 msec then next data ready interrupt is not triggering.

could you help me is there is sequence needs to be followed?

or what could be the reason for the above 2 issues.

thanks in advance.

with Regards,

Thangaraj.P

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
21 REPLIES 21
Posted on February 12, 2018 at 16:45

0690X00000609fNQAQ.png

CTRL_REG3 configured as 0x02 to data ready interrupt on INT1 pad

I tested with 0x00. Then data  ready interrupt is not generated.

Do we need to configure the register 30, 32 and 33 for data ready interrupt on INT_1 Pad?

kindly provide your feedback.

As of now its a blocking issue for me.

Thanks

-thangaraj

Posted on February 12, 2018 at 16:53

Yes, you are right. I was thinking about LIR1 bit which is already cleared. Sorry.

I will try find this sensor  and test it myself.

Posted on February 13, 2018 at 08:14

Hi,

Any Update?

Posted on February 13, 2018 at 09:23

It a user forum, not ST engineering support.

Once I get this sensor and have time I'll be back.

Thangaraj Ponnusamy
Associate II
Posted on February 13, 2018 at 12:47

Looks like some the queries answered by ST employees. Please any one from ST can support on this.

Posted on February 13, 2018 at 15:06

Problem 1: There is no reason for that, you can configure anytime you want. I suppose the problem is in the MCU configuration.

Problem 2: If you configure the ODR to 1000Hz you have to read data within less than 1ms.

Posted on February 13, 2018 at 15:24

Problem 2: If you configure the ODR to 1000Hz you have to read data within less than 1ms.

As per the data sheet we are giving 2 msec turn on time (1/ODR+ 1msec) after configuring ODR in CTRL_REG1 as well we configured CTRL_REG4 after CTRL_REG1 which took some 500 us for the SPI transaction.

Now its conflicting the statement ' If you configure the ODR to 1000Hz you have to read data within less than 1ms'  and delay requirement for turn on time as per ODR.

Posted on February 13, 2018 at 15:40

Sure, you should wait the turn-on time after you set the ODR.

I mean, you have to read the data fast enough (<1ms) during normal operation to see the DRDY signal is cleared.

Posted on February 13, 2018 at 15:47

Ok.Thanks for the response.

There is no reason for that, you can configure anytime you want. I suppose the problem is in the MCU configuration.

As per my original question if i have not configured CTRL_REG4 step2 and step3 then i am getting the data ready interrupt. then how mcu could be the issue.

one more question do we need to give any delay after Power on the sensor?

Posted on February 14, 2018 at 13:37

Hi Miroslav,

The INT1 Pin is high event after we read the data register also. that's why next data ready interrupt is not generated.

Basically after configuring the sensor we are getting data ready interrupt then reading the data register but the INT1 Pin is not cleared.

Please provide your suggestion any sensor settings needs to be taken care.