swd
Associate II

Does the LIS2DE12 have a soft reset ? Data sheet is unclear

5 REPLIES 5
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @swd​ ,

LIS2DE12 doesn't have soft reset.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
swd
Associate II

I am worried that over time a reset may be necessary to recalibrate. In this design the power is on for 10 years. Any workaround ?

When you power on the device you can read all the registers and store them.

Then, in order to reset the device you write back the values previously stored during power on,

If this helps you, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
swd
Associate II

Hi Frederica, Many thanks for that.

Would writing back the register values reset it ? Do we need to power cycle it ? My worry is that over a period of years it may need some kind refresh ?

If no refresh is needed then we can proceed to power up when the battery is fitted and then expect it to continue functioning of ever ?

Your thoughts appreciated. Best wishes Simon

Ciao @swd​ ,

Would writing back the register values reset it ? Yes.

Then, there is no problem keeping the sensor on for years 🙂

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at my previous answer. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂