cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the MotionMC library be used for a Nordic ARM Cortex M33 processor?

VVang.1
Associate

I can link the MotionMC library in the Nordic project and build it successfully. However, the MotionMC_GetLibVersion function is not assigning the version pointer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Vang Vang​, to the community!

I am very sorry to inform you that the use of the MotionFX software library, which is part of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 package, with a microcontroller other than STM32 and without a licence is a violation of the Software License Agreement SLA0077. Please let me quote the relevant excerpt, you can find the full text at the link of SLA0077 mentioned before:

DEFINITIONS

[...]

ST Device: means the combination of at least: a) one ST microcontroller and b) one device chosen by

You between a ST radio frequency connectivity device and a ST MEMS sensor integrated circuit; a) and b) manufactured and sold by or for ST.

[...]

RESTRICTIONS

[...]

You acknowledge and agree that any use, adaptation, translation or transcription of the Licensed Software or any portion or derivative thereof, for use with (i) product that does not include ST Device and/or (ii) with device, having similar functionalities to ST Devices, manufactured by or for an entity other than ST, is a material breach of this Agreement and requires a separate license from ST.

[...]

If you want to use the library with a microcontroller other than STM32, please contact your local or preferred distributor for an appropriate licence, alternatively the local ST office.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Vang Vang​, to the community!

I am very sorry to inform you that the use of the MotionFX software library, which is part of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 package, with a microcontroller other than STM32 and without a licence is a violation of the Software License Agreement SLA0077. Please let me quote the relevant excerpt, you can find the full text at the link of SLA0077 mentioned before:

DEFINITIONS

[...]

ST Device: means the combination of at least: a) one ST microcontroller and b) one device chosen by

You between a ST radio frequency connectivity device and a ST MEMS sensor integrated circuit; a) and b) manufactured and sold by or for ST.

[...]

RESTRICTIONS

[...]

You acknowledge and agree that any use, adaptation, translation or transcription of the Licensed Software or any portion or derivative thereof, for use with (i) product that does not include ST Device and/or (ii) with device, having similar functionalities to ST Devices, manufactured by or for an entity other than ST, is a material breach of this Agreement and requires a separate license from ST.

[...]

If you want to use the library with a microcontroller other than STM32, please contact your local or preferred distributor for an appropriate licence, alternatively the local ST office.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
VVang.1
Associate

Thanks for the info. I am using a couple ST sensors but had not realize that an ST MCU was required also.

OK, iIf the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter