cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility between LSM6DSL vs LSM6DS3

APK.1
Associate II

Hi Sir,

We have used the LSM6DS3 part in our application boards. Now the distributor mentioned LSM6DS3 part ha end of life and New part is LSM6DSL.

Please confirm this new LSM6DSL part is pin to pin and firmware side compatible with the LSM6DS3 part. Or please share changes .

Regards

Anees PK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Anees @APK.1​ ,

LSM6DS3 and LSM6DSL are pin-to-pin compatible, as you can also see from the two datasheets, p.17.

LSM6DSL has some additional registers, such as the user offset compensation and the Bank B embedded function registers, and is in general more performant, so no issue also on firmware / software side.

You can check in this case the configuration C code on Github, lsm6ds3_read_data_polling.c and lsm6dsl_read_data_polling.c: in the LSM6DSL case, the configuration of internal filters is added, but it is not mandatory.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Anees @APK.1​ ,

LSM6DS3 and LSM6DSL are pin-to-pin compatible, as you can also see from the two datasheets, p.17.

LSM6DSL has some additional registers, such as the user offset compensation and the Bank B embedded function registers, and is in general more performant, so no issue also on firmware / software side.

You can check in this case the configuration C code on Github, lsm6ds3_read_data_polling.c and lsm6dsl_read_data_polling.c: in the LSM6DSL case, the configuration of internal filters is added, but it is not mandatory.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @APK.1​ ,

any feedback about this?

-Eleon

APK.1
Associate II

Dear Eleon,

Thanks for the replay.,

I will check with the one sample new part ic .

Regards

Anees PK.

APK.1
Associate II

Dear Eleon,

I have tested the new sample with the existing code. It is working well, without make any changes in the code and design.

Thanks for the support.

Regards

Anees PK.

That's great! Thank you for your feedback Anees PK @APK.1​ 

If you want, you can click on Select as Best at my first comment to your post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon