cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth pairing request: "Enter the code shown"

LWang.7
Associate

I am trying to connect the SensorTile.box to my iPhone using the ST BLE Sensor app. However, when I go to "Connect to a device" in the app and select the SensorTile.box that I have, the app asks me to enter a code to connect to the box. What is this code? It says it is the code shown on the box, but I don't know what this code is.

The full message is this:

Bluetoothe Pairing Request

"TILEBOX" would like to pair with your iPhoe. Enter the code shown on "TILEBOX". DO not do anything on "TILEBOX" until pairing is complete.

I am running the ST BLE Sensor app on iOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LWang.7​ ,

Sorry for the very delay in our answer.

The code you are probably looking for is 123456.

You can find it in the UM2626 user manual, p. 8:

Important: For security reasons, the BLEFOTA allows connection only from paired devices. So when the STBLESensor application tries to connect to SensorTile.box running BLEFOTA, it is necessary to insert the right PIN (123456 as default - in VCP is not enabled).

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LWang.7​ ,

Sorry for the very delay in our answer.

The code you are probably looking for is 123456.

You can find it in the UM2626 user manual, p. 8:

Important: For security reasons, the BLEFOTA allows connection only from paired devices. So when the STBLESensor application tries to connect to SensorTile.box running BLEFOTA, it is necessary to insert the right PIN (123456 as default - in VCP is not enabled).

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

JAlth.1
Associate

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

I'm facing the same issue with an Android smartphone but the pin 123456 does not work. Any solution for this problem? Many thanks!

Hi @JAlth.1​ ,

you might have to clear the whitelist of your smartphone, and then try again to pair your device. Please be sure you don't have a pairing with another device ongoing.

-Eleon