cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does BlueNRG-MS, v7.2c, wait forever after this call: aci_gap_create_connection(ScanInterval, ScanWindow, sType[sIdx], sAddr[sIdx], PUBLIC_ADDR, ConnInterval, ConnInterval, ConnLate, ConnTimeout, ConnLength, ConnLength);

Scott Löhr
Senior II

After the call returns BLE_STATUS_SUCCESS, but the target BLE Peripheral slave device stops advertising forever (i.e. a race between scan result, connection request and peripheral stop advertising/go out of range)?

It would be nice if a connection request timed out in a similar way to how a general scan times out (with a GAP procedure complete, 0x02). Now I have to babysit the BlueNRG-MS with my own timer after making a connection request - is there an easier way?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
nick239955_stm1_st
Associate II

I have come across the same issue and agree with Scott that it would be nice if the connection request timed out rather than trying forever.

RAdam.1
Associate III

@nick239955_stm1_st​  and @Scott L�hr​  I agree - how did you end up terminating the attempted connection? Is there a function or a call back that will just make it stop and recover? I cant do a thing once it is waiting to connect!

Any help would be greatly appreciated