cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking errors while compiling the STSW-BNRG-Mesh with IAR(8.20.1)

Anitha
Associate III

Hi,

I was seeing linking errors while compiling the STSW-BNRG-Mesh with IAR(version 8.20.1)

I just downloaded this package resolved the all path errors by setting the paths. But after resolving the all errors i'm facing linking errors. Due to that i'm not able move forward.

Please help me out.

2 REPLIES 2
alok
Senior

Please use IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM (EWARM) toolchain V8.40.1 as mentioned in release notes of the firmware

Anitha
Associate III

I installed the IAR(8.40.1) and compiled But still have same linking errors.

if I run the same code in other system of same version tool(8.40.1), it was running fine, but my system giving same linking errors. as per the working code linker options, mine also changed but still showing below linking errors. But i suppressed the those linking errors in linker diagnostics. Does it cause any functionality effect .

Error[Li005]: no definition for "_bdaddr" [referenced from C:\Codes\STSW-BNRG-Mesh_1.09.000\Firmware\Projects\BlueNRG-2\Applications\Lighting_Demo\ 

EWARM\STEVAL-IDB008Vx\Lighting\Obj\appli_nvm.o] 

Error[Li005]: no definition for "_bnrgmNvmBase_data" [referenced from C:\Codes\STSW-BNRG-Mesh_1.09.000\Firmware\Projects\BlueNRG-2\Applications\ 

Lighting_Demo\EWARM\STEVAL-IDB008Vx\Lighting\Obj\appli_mesh.o] 

Error[Lp050]: placement includes both uninitialized sections (example "ro data section .noinit.stacklib_flash_data in appli_mesh.o symbols: [stacklib_flash_data]") C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.3\arm\config\linker\ST\BlueNRG-2.icf 59 

and sections with content (example "initializers for P3") 

Error while running Linker