cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate an e-SIM on SIM7600

MCrespo
Associate

Hi, I am using a SIM7600 and a SIM card to get cellular connectivity. Now I would want to use an e-SIM instead of the SIM card holder. However I cant find information regarding if ST Electronics e-SIMs could use any cellular network provider or if it is linked to one.
Whenever I hear e-SIM i get the idea that you could have multiple profiles on it but I cant get an answer. Are the e-SIMs linked to one provider, or I could have multiple providers like Verizon or SK Telecom or Truphone, etc, or could I use the e-SIMs to a single (any) provider in the world.
Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JMarshall123
Associate II

I beleive you register ST4SIM devices on the truphone portal.

If you want to register the SIM on another network, this isn't as well defined. Though, I think it's just a matter of providing your ICCID (obtainable from the SIM7600 via the at command "AT+CICCID\r\n"), and IMEI number to your prefered network and they activate the sim on their network instead. Then on the SIM7600 ensure that it's connecting to your prefered module with their apn information.

Have you tested communications between the SIM7600 and an eSIM yet? I've had a hard time in my testing, the SIM7600 keeps responding with "+CME ERROR: SIM not inserted\r\n" when I ask the module for the ICCID. Simcomm don't explisitly state that the module supports eSIM, unlike their other modules like the SIM7000 and SIM7070, though these are LTE-M/NB-IoT modules rather than full LTE.