cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey! STUSB4761 USB PD IC, I2C Device address missing??

shnbytkn
Associate II

I need STUSB4761 I2C Device adress. In the datasheet I can not see.

And I wanna use this pd with MCU and I2C controlled buck-boost converter. I will read STUSB4761 registers via I2C and after that I will control the buck-boost IC via I2C so input will be dc supply. İs it possible??

12 REPLIES 12

Thanks your reply Nathalie,

Can we use stusb1602 with ı2c controlled pps converter and STM32fxx MCU. You can see the block diagram on the attachment.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjqgCQAQ.png 

We will control the STUSB1602 registers viaI2C to get request pd voltage and current simultaneously. After that we will set the pps converter via I2C to the request voltage. Can we do that?

Are we need SPI communicatin to the STUSB1602? İs enough just use the I2C communication stusb1602 to the MCU?

Thanks

Şahin

shnbytkn
Associate II

Thanks your reply Nathalie,

Can we use stusb1602 with ı2c controlled pps converter and STM32fxx MCU. You can see the block diagram on the attachment.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjqgCQAQ.png 

We will control the STUSB1602 registers viaI2C to get request pd voltage and current simultaneously. After that we will set the pps converter via I2C to the request voltage. Can we do that?

Are we need SPI communicatin to the STUSB1602? İs enough just use the I2C communication stusb1602 to the MCU?

Thanks

Şahin

NBALL
ST Employee

Hello Sahin

STUSB1602 needs both I2C and SPI.

BMC data need SPI while TypeC uses I2C.

To control DCDC depending on request from Sink, you can use our SW examples.

compilation switch _GPIO_FOR_SRC gives you where to change your supply output thru GPIO but can be easily replaced by I2C command.

Best regards

Nathalie