cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-M2: software download and debug

AWald.2
Associate II

Hi guys. A quick question regarding the swd and debugging on the BlueNRG-M2 module.

I have made a little breakout pcb board according to the datasheet:

0693W00000ANHMVQA5.png 

VDD and GND are connected to 3.3V.

SWD pins DIO9 and DIO10 har connected to a JLINK (Base Segger), with VREF and GND according to JLINK pinout.

I can identify the JLINK in both uVision and in the BlueNRG-X Flasher Utility (v4.1.0), but I am not able to connect and read out memory, perform binary download or do debug.

I read that forcing DIO7 to GND during boot makes the UART bootloader start. I am not currently using this bootloader so I did not follow this procedure.

Does the BlueNRG-M2 board have some sort of procedure that I am missing prior to a "normal" SWD or Debug session? Reset? Power cycle?

FYI: The module is fresh out of the packet and does not have any specific sw on it that I know of.

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AWald.2
Associate II

There was a short between DIO6 and GND due to poor soldering. A new board has been made and now it communicates without any problems. Tested using the JLink in both BlueNRG-X Flasher Utility 4.1.0 and Uvision (also debugging).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AWald.2
Associate II

There was a short between DIO6 and GND due to poor soldering. A new board has been made and now it communicates without any problems. Tested using the JLink in both BlueNRG-X Flasher Utility 4.1.0 and Uvision (also debugging).