cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLUENRG-LP custom project issues

LTrin.1
Associate II

Hello there

I have a custom board based on STEVAL-IDB011V2 EVM. Is the same schematic but I have a problem with this. Apparently it boots but not run...

When I flash "Hello World" example I have some issue that I can't check why.... The expected message does not is sent complete. So I have this output:

0693W00000QNJIdQAP.pngIn this test, I reset the board sometimes. Some times it shows "Applicat", "Applicati", (Probably bootloader output?) Some times it shows truncated "Hello World".

I checked voltage levels by https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5503-bringing-up-the-bluenrglp-bluenrglps-devices-stmicroelectronics.pdf application note (bringing up the bluenrglp devices).

I tried the Power Supply test (flashing DTM Firmware - UART without update) and VDDA thats we expect 1.2V, I measured 0V. The Core voltage (VCAP) I measured 1.2V as expected.

I also tried flash other firmware examples without success.

Can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laurent LOUAZON
ST Employee

Hi,

I just replied to your message.

I guess the problem was related to 22nH used for SMPS instead of 10uH (22nH is optional and can helps in sensitivity performances - "killing" the SMPS spurious).

Please confirm.

Regards

Laurent

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Laurent LOUAZON
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you share your schematics and associated Bill of material?

Regards

Laurent

Hello there

Please see you message inbox. I sent to you.

Regards,

Leonardo Trinta

Laurent LOUAZON
ST Employee

Hi,

I just replied to your message.

I guess the problem was related to 22nH used for SMPS instead of 10uH (22nH is optional and can helps in sensitivity performances - "killing" the SMPS spurious).

Please confirm.

Regards

Laurent

Hello there

Yes, was it that's what caused the issue. Sorry for inconvenience.

As suggestion, clarify it in EVM schematic.

Thank you

Regards,

Leonardo

Hi Laurent,

I just saw this post and I'm wondering if I have an issue with my schematic as well.

Based on schematic for STEVAL-IDB011V2, there is a 22nH inductor for L4 (attached to VLXSD) and based on the datasheet DS13282-rev-6, page 11, I have a similar thing, VLXSD->22nH->(VFBSD and (4.7uF || 0.1uF) caps to ground.)  

I do not have a 10nH inductor in series with the 22nH inductor as shown in the V1 schematic of UM2735 page 99).  Will this cause issues with SMPS ON operation?

Thank you