cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any better ideas, apart mine, about upgrading ST-Link V2?

ATrev
Associate II

0693W00000FCPYoQAP.png0693W00000FCPguQAH.png0693W00000FCPdrQAH.pngI've bought STM32F103 and St-Link/V2 and wanted to program and debug it via STM32CubeIde 1.7 . I connected the 2 devices and the laptop. I wrote a simple program

and tried to debug: I got problems. St-Link needed an upgrade, but the Upgrade tool couldn't do that because device wasn't in DFU mode. I don't know what's DFU. 

I downloaded STM32CubeProgrammer and tried to update ST-Link probe: I wasn't able as I got the same answers. Nonetheless with STM32CubeProgrammer I ruined firmware

of St-Link/V2. Then I downloaded en.stsw-link009_v2.0.2 and was able to restore ST-Link original firmware. At last I downloaded en.stsw-link004_v4.6.0 and with 

STM32 ST-LINK Utility I was able to update ST-Link. Now in my program, debugger executes normally. Unfortunately I have to perform the same upgrade with 

STM32 ST-LINK Utility for every new project I make, but at least I saved 2 pieces of Hw.

1 REPLY 1
MM..1
Chief II

but the Upgrade tool couldn't do that because device wasn't in DFU mode ... This is message , that you need only disconnect usb and connect it back and run upgrade tool second time