cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are VL53L0X_VCSEL_PERIOD_PRE_RANGE and VL53L0X_VCSEL_PERIOD_FINAL_RANGE in Long Range profile?

WOh.2
Associate II

I think those two values are for HDR(High Dynamic Range). Am I right?

1. If so, is it possible to use the same value for VL53L0X_VCSEL_PERIOD_PRE_RANGE and VL53L0X_VCSEL_PERIOD_FINAL_RANGE?

The amplitude(brightness) of the reflective sheet gradually lowers(darkens) with distance, but at a certain distance it jumps up and then begins to lower(darken).

I think there is a VCSEL period switching for the reflective sheet at the certain distance.

If I use the same VCSEL periods, I think there is no jump of the amplitude.

2. If it is not possible to use the same value for VL53L0X_VCSEL_PERIOD_PRE_RANGE and VL53L0X_VCSEL_PERIOD_FINAL_RANGE, could I know which VCSEL Period the VL53L0X used?

Best Regards,

Wooijin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

Hi,

I see that you are very familiar with the camera sensor but unfortunately the VL53L0X_VCSEL_PERIOD_PRE_RANGE and the VL53L0X_VCSEL_PERIOD_FINAL_RANGE are used to check the wrap around. Long distance bright target can be wrongly measure if there is no wrap around check.

Julien

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

Hi,

I see that you are very familiar with the camera sensor but unfortunately the VL53L0X_VCSEL_PERIOD_PRE_RANGE and the VL53L0X_VCSEL_PERIOD_FINAL_RANGE are used to check the wrap around. Long distance bright target can be wrongly measure if there is no wrap around check.

Julien

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.