cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L5cx sensor not responding correctly

DOste.2
Associate

Hello!

I have a VL53L5cx ToF sensor on a X-NUCLEO-53L5A1 shield connected to a Nucleo F401RE and I have run a sample in zephyr and all is okay. I get a successful init and the sensor starts to range correctly:

0693W00000Y9TFTQA3.pngI now have a custom solution using a STM32F423VHH . and am trying to run the exact same example but I am running to issues. The problem seems to be that the _vl53l5cx_send_offset_data() is not getting the response it expects. This function is called twice - once in vl53l5cx_init() and again in vl53l5cx_set_resolution(). I have attached a logic analyser and have confirmed that the response from the ToF sensor is indeed incorrect, A response of 0x03 0x03 0x00 is expected (as seen below):

0693W00000Y9THoQAN.png 

But I get the following response of 0xF0 0xF0 0xF0 in init():

0693W00000Y9TI3QAN.pngand 0x54 0x54 0x54 in set_resolution:

0693W00000Y9TIIQA3.png 

Do you have any idea of why this is happening? This seems to be the only part that is receiving an incorrect response. If I remove the calls to _vl53l5cx_send_offset_data() then the code runs but obviously the sensor data is not correct and returns a status value of 255 for each call.

Any help would be much appreciated.

David

1 REPLY 1
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello

Did you change/update the platform files and/or the GPIOs configuration on the new board ? They might be not pin to pin compatible ?

It seems the FW has been correctly uploaded (the I2C communication seems then OK) but the FW doesn't respond. It could be an issue with GPIO configuration.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'