cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L1X people counting library

Akuma.6
Associate III

Hi,

I am using VL53L1X in our cortex-m33 platform.

Do you have any library for our cortex-m33 based on your VL53L1X tof sensor for people counting. If yes, please share the library. If the library is not available for our platform, what is the challenge to implement the ppl counting logic in our platform.

Regards,

Anil

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You can do people counting with STSW-IMG010, a code example for VL53L1X.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

... and there are also videos on Youtube that demonstrate this, e.g. this one.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Akuma.6
Associate III

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response. Yes i am looking the same application which have given the video link:

I am using ble platform to include the code that fits into our platform or not. I am not sure?

The above example code has been implemented based on your STM32 platform. Do you have any library for any platforms? If not, I need some more documents or API documents to copy the same source in our platform. 

Please help me to share the source code flow diagram/document ?

Regards,

Anil

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

BLE is one application and people counting with a ToF sensor is another, both are generally independent and can run on the same MCU.

Included in the software package mentioned before is all the source code and documentation, plus the API in the documentation for the VL53L1X, so it should relatively easy to port the software to other platforms.

Given the number of MCUs available worldwide, please understand that STMicroelectronics is focusing on its own MCU only.

Regards

/Peter

Akuma.6
Associate III

Hi Peter,

Yes, I am writing my whole logic in a BLE SoC chip that has MCU+RF. Want to write the whole logic inside the MCU which will fit your whole code or not. I still have doubts. That is the reason I am asking the library.. If it is not available I will include the whole source and revert back.

If there is any dependency or doubts I will get back to you.

Regards,

Anil

Hi Peter,

Is this people counting logic can be done in Arduino platform like esp32 platform? Do your have the ready source and library available for Arduino platform for our testing.

Regards,

Ani

There are now 1200 STM32s at STMicroelectronics - sorry, it's a little hard to worry about sample code for other MCUs as well.

Good luck!

Regards

/Peter