cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to communicate to VL53L0CX

CBoyc.1
Associate II

Working on a board that uses a VL53L0CX. But I do not seem to be able to communicate with the sensor and have even tried to scan i2c addresses with no luck. I am hoping someone here can take a look at the schematic I have for the sensor and let me know if I made a mistake that I am glossing over. Not shown here is that SDA/SCL are both pulled up with 4.7k resistors.

0693W00000Dm0tYQAR.png0693W00000Dm0sBQAR.png

4 REPLIES 4
Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

Hi,

There is no internal I2C pull up resistors in the VL53L0X, you need two external pull up. Thanks, Julien

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the quick reply. Not shown are the pullup resistors which are 4.7k ohm each.

CBoyc.1
Associate II

Changed Pull-ups on SDA and SCL from 4.7k yo 1k. Does not appear to have made any kind of difference.

John E KVAM
ST Employee

I have long held that there are only a few hardware things that can keep the VL53 sensors from responding.

1) lack of power. Looks like yours is OK

2) Xshut not being pulled up. Again looks like yours is good

3) I2C not configured correctly - and it looks like you've got that about right.

4) Wires are too long for the I2C protocol to work correctly.

So that leaves software.

I'm going to guess there is a configuration issue somewhere.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'