cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using the STSW-IMG012 "P-NUCLEO-6180A1 pack PC graphical user interface" and a P-NUCLEO-6180A1 pack based on the STM32F401RE. I have tremendous problems setting up values such as "Inter-Meas Period" to 2.5s. The tool is constantly resetting them.

DHess.1
Associate II

The tool is working (somehow) with a VL6180 soldered to the "Bottom" connector. I want to have a measurement every 2.5s, so I select Device "Bottom, tick "Continual" and enter "2500" for "Inter-Meas Period(ms). When I start the Ranging, the "Inter-Meas Period(ms) is immediately reset to 50 or 500. It drives me nuts. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DHess.1
Associate II

Thanks a lot for your answer, John. I only worked with the GUI so far (no own code) and can confirm, that 2.5s is possible. I let the sensor measure for 2.5h and found that when setting 2520 it is doing precisely what I wanted. I was just wondering why this "Inter-Meas Period(ms)" value so often gets reverted (to eg. 500) by the GUI and I have to re-introduce it. I can live with it and just wanted to make sure not to do anything wrong.

Daniel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

The register that controls the Intermeasurement period says "sysrange__intermeasurement_period: Time delay between measurements in Ranging continuous mode. Range 10ms-2.56s (1 code = 10ms); Laser-safety-protected version with minimum limit allowed (copied from NVM at boot). FW clips lower user inputs to min limit.

So 2.5 seconds is clearly possible.

I doubt you are doing anything wrong. It's just the code that controls that entry appears to be limiting you.

Use the GUI to test and then migrate to your own code to get the real intermeasurement period.

There is lots of code on the ST web site that runs on the same Nucleo and expansion board you have.

I'd start there and you can modifiy it to suit your needs.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
DHess.1
Associate II

Thanks a lot for your answer, John. I only worked with the GUI so far (no own code) and can confirm, that 2.5s is possible. I let the sensor measure for 2.5h and found that when setting 2520 it is doing precisely what I wanted. I was just wondering why this "Inter-Meas Period(ms)" value so often gets reverted (to eg. 500) by the GUI and I have to re-introduce it. I can live with it and just wanted to make sure not to do anything wrong.

Daniel