cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone, I am trying to connect multiple VL53L5CX-SATEL sensors. I already managed to connect 3 sensors but when I add the fourth I lose tension in the SCL pin.

MBouj.11
Associate

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

It's a far too common problem, and it has nothing to do with what sensors you put on the I2C bus.

One has to size the pull-up on the SDA and SCL lines based on the number of sensors and the capacitance of the wire. And it's a real pain.

But NXP (who bought Philips) maintains a pretty good bit of documentation.

I2C-bus specification and user manual (nxp.com)

I think it's section 7 that explains the math to figure out what size pull-up you need.

Your MCU board manufacturer chose a value that's apparently good for 3 sensors, but after that, you need a bigger pullup.

Cheers,

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'