cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know of a module using the VD55H1?

WDela.1
Associate II

I know the VD55H1 is in preview phase and might be difficult to get it from ST. Although from the you tube videos it seems it is ready to be requested. Do you know what is the status to get one sensor? And if maybe is there any design house offering a module for testing it?

6 REPLIES 6
JBEZA.1
Associate

Hello

We have a collaboration with OMS Chinese company that has designed the module shown in the video

Be aware that this Module is not sold / Provided as a mass market device.

OMS will requires minimum quantity to start to supply

BR

WDela.1
Associate II

Hello, thanks for your answer. That means then that any development cannot be done considering this sensor? I find it honestly very misleading to publish some feature in a video as it was available for new designs but then, one has no options to even test it. I will continue looking for options

John E KVAM
ST Employee

That's a problem ST struggles with. ST sells silicon. We don't mind adding pins and putting it in a plastic enclosure, but we aren't going to build a camera module. We just are not interested in buying lenses and connectors and making the camera module. (If you look closely you will see that we advertize the imager - the silicon bit that does the work - not the camera itself.

So if 'development' means a consumer end product to you then we can't really help. But if you build cameras for a living we can sure send you a lot of wafers to get you rolling.

We do most of that advertizing to attract companies wanting to build the cameras, so that they could sell stuff to the people who make commerical end-products.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
WDela.1
Associate II

Hi John. Thanks for your clarification. For me development means manufacturing a industrial or consumer device containing ST components. I see that in this case, ST is mainly targeting camera module manufacturers, and not in consumer/industrial device manufacturers (which is our case). That is what I meant by misleading. ST offers a wide range of solutions, but it is clear that in this case I will need to wait some months or years to see something I can test for our products.

John E KVAM
ST Employee

I sure hope it won't take that long. We have several module makers working on the design. The trick will be finding them. It's pretty rare that someone sticks an "Intel Inside" sticker on an end product. And I've never heard of an "ST inside".

When the first modules come out, I'll do what I can to advertize it. Hopefully you will see it and it will work for you.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
JSams.1
Associate

I understand that ofilm.com makes the module that is in the demo hardware in the blue box. Do you know if they sell that module to developers?