cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use V53L5CX to detect the number of people in a small area like 2m x 2m? If so, how many people can I detect? Can I detect 4 people within 2m x 2m? The sensor will be mounted on top of a door entrance.

PWan.1
Associate II

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

draw a 45 degree pyramid starting at the sensor. It shows the area of coverage.

If your door entrance were 2m tall, the area of coverage would be about 2m x 2m.

But at the very edges, it would see only the people's feet. To get full coverage, you would probably need a couple of them. Granted the wall edges would be seen, but you can account for that in software.

If your door were 3 meters tall, the area of coverage would probably work out better.

But I'm going to guess that you are going to have a hard time telling the difference between 2 people standing close, and one big fat guy.

But It would be a fun experiment. Buy the $56 P-nucleo-53L5A1 and try it. A long USB cable and some tape would be all it took. And a couple of friends to walk under the sensor.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.