cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST marketing abuse

Piranha
Chief II

I unsubscribed from all of the ST marketing in 2021-Apr-21 (one can see the confirmation e-mail at the bottom of the screenshot), but since 2022-Nov-29 I am receiving it all again.

Piranha_0-1696579592756.png

Checked the communication preferences in my profile at ST.com - my previous settings (before the 2021-Apr-21) have returned. What is ST's excuse this time?

4 REPLIES 4
Laurids_PETERSEN
Community manager
Community manager

Hi @Piranha,
Thanks for your feedback.

I have reached out regarding this matter, currently waiting for a response.
I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Best regards,
Laurids

Laurids_PETERSEN
Community manager
Community manager

Hi again @Piranha

You automatically get opted-in to our marketing material if you decide to sign up for a webinar or download software that requires you to fill out a form.

For more information, please see our privacy statement: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/common/privacy-portal/corporate-privacy-statement.html 

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Laurids

You automatically get opted-in to our marketing material if you decide to sign up for a webinar or download software that requires you to fill out a form.

This way of dealing with customers makes me at least think about switching manufacturers....

When this account seems to be inactive, try @tdecker2 - ST can't change mail addresses, so I had to create a new account.
Amelie ACKERMANN
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @Piranha and @t.decker,

Just to provide further clarification and avoid any misunderstanding: as per @Piranha's request in Apr-21, ST had previously deleted any personal data from the system. However, when using a service such as signing up to a webinar or downloading software, a new registration form has to be completed which, before clicking on the "Call to Action" button, states that the provided data is used in accordance with ST's Privacy Statement. 

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best,

Amelie