Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L5CX as an external sensor in lsm6dsv16x

FKara.3
Senior

Hello,

Hello,

I plan to use the VL53L5CX ToF sensor in the machine learning core in lsm6dsv16x. is it possible to use the VL53L5CX  as en external sensor instead of magnetometer. Besides, may I use two external sensor in machine learning core( one will be ToF sensor, another is ST pressure sensor)

Regards,

Fehmi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @FKara.3 ,

If you use two ST pressure sensors or magnetometers is ok, with time of flight sensors is complicated, I don't suggest you to use a ToF and another sensor at the same time.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @FKara.3 ,

Yes, you can use VL53L5CX or an ST Pressure sensor instead of the magnetomer.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Federica Bossi,

thanks for the quick answer. can I use both at the same time? I mean is it possible to use 2 external sensors in one lsm6dsv16x for one application

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @FKara.3 ,

If you use two ST pressure sensors or magnetometers is ok, with time of flight sensors is complicated, I don't suggest you to use a ToF and another sensor at the same time.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

FKara.3
Senior

Hi @Federica Bossi ,

Thanks for your suggestions. Do you have any suggestions for the model of the pressure sensor (my purpose for the pressure sensor, I will use it on handles to measure the pressure applied by humans to the walker robot) to use in the lsm6dsv16x machine learning core? 

In addition, after training the machine core with two pressure sensors and one ToF sensor separately. Can I use them together?