cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives of INEMO-M1 for autonomous driving application

PDand.1
Associate

I am developing an autonomously navigating robot that uses IMU for Localization and Mapping... a typical ML/Self-driving car application. I was looking for IMUs having accelerometer with +-2g sensitivity. The [INEMO-M1](http://www.digikey.in/product-detail/en/stmicroelectronics/INEMO-M1/497-14191-ND/4542053?_ga=2.141927986.1620169342.1599042795-1084286621.1599042795) was great as its packaging was easy to interface with our processing unit: the NViDIA Jetson Xavier AGX.

But it seems that it is obsolete now. I would like alternatives to it. On looking at inertial modules like ISM330DHCX, that come with MLC, I am doubtful the packaging can be a trouble for my strict timeline. Can a get a simpler packaging for it, that has pins ?

Also, even if that is too much to ask, what are good alternatives for my application (that finally uses an extended Kalman Filter for sensor fusion)

6 REPLIES 6
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @PDand.1​ , you are right, the (old) INEMO-M1 module is nrnd. The ISM330DHCX module is a good solution, and I would suggest you to use the related STEVAL-MKI210V1K industrial adapter to access the pins in an easy way: you need an application processor to be connected to the onboard adapter, or -if you don't have it and you want to debug your code- use the STEVAL-MKI109V3 motherboard.

Then, for the ISM330DHCX sensor, ST offers also some basic C library with examples for the MLC embedded feature, on Github --> LINK

Let me please know if it can be of some help.

Regards

PDand.1
Associate

Ok that is nice to hear. Please help me with 2 doubts:

1. Can I get a similar MEMS sensor but with CAN interface ?
  2. Can you tell me what all would I need to interface such SIP with the Jetson Xavier AGX development kit ?

THanks and Regards,

Prashant

Hi @PDand.1​ , I'm afraid there is no MEMS sensor in ST portfolio with a CAN bus interface. You would need a proper module to interface the sensor to the CAN bus protocol (lease note that the old iNEMO M1 module didn't support the CAN bus).

Coming to your second question, i'm checking the Jetson Xavier AGX development kit user guide and I see in p.6 and 7 there is the [J505] M.2 Key E connector that can be used for wireless networking cards, and includes interfaces for PCIe (x1), USB 2.0, UART, I2S & I2C. The ISM330DHCX has an I2C interface, so you may succeed to connect the two modules via I2C.

Regards

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @PDand.1​ ,

do you have any feedback on this topic form your side?

Were you able to you find a MEMS sensor with CAN interface?

-Eleon

Given Link doesnt works.

Hi @darla14​ ,

you are right, THIS is the current new link.

-Eleon