cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I need information about TDA7703 registers. I am using a tuner module that uses it, and the datasheet of TDA7703 don't explain nothing about the registers. Can anybody help me? Regards.

m-a-c-f
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Communications Protocol Manual?

You might look at related car radio ICs, or infotainment system software, etc

Suspect probably covered by NDA/SLA, or commercial confidential between Philips(NXP) or STMicro, etc

Assuming you're not likely to make much headway via this path, perhaps stick a protocol analyzer, or logic analyzer on it an look at it that way.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The Communications Protocol Manual?

You might look at related car radio ICs, or infotainment system software, etc

Suspect probably covered by NDA/SLA, or commercial confidential between Philips(NXP) or STMicro, etc

Assuming you're not likely to make much headway via this path, perhaps stick a protocol analyzer, or logic analyzer on it an look at it that way.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
m-a-c-f
Associate II

Thank you! But I don't have any car radio to see this information! I am projecting a personal AM/FM radio. I had search a lot for this information, and I found that there are a lot of companies that uses it, including chineses, not only Philips! I am tired to seek for this SECRET information in an such simple device. I will buy a cheap car radio and do reverse engineering, that's the only way! What an terrible situation! What can be so Confidential in a such obsolete and simple device? I thin ST could be more flexible some times!

Thank you anyway!

Unfortunately, it is not so simple because I don't know the registers to PLL computing. I hooked a logic analyzer, but there are lots of things that I cannot understand because I don't have the damn communication protocol.

It is very strange that this component be held in such “restricted�? information. It is considered as “obsolete�?. Well, I already spend a lot of money and effort trying to figure out how to access this chip! I give up, will try the development with another TUNER IC, of course, with different brand this time. It is a shame!

Thank you anyway!