cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All, what is the input type for TS321ILT? Is it Rail to Rail or Differential input?

Venu Busani
Associate II

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Venu Busani​, to the community!

Even though the LM321 TS321 is an improved version of the LM324 the LM321 is still neither rail-to-rail input nor rail-to-rail output.

The point about differential input is unclear: what do you mean by that?

[edited: sorry, mixed up LM321 and TS321, see statement below]

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter,

What is the input voltage type?

Input voltage range?

Sorry, I had confused the TS321 with the LM321 in my previous statement.

The TS321 is indeed not an opamp with RRIO, but needs some distance especially to VCC to work correctly. The input common mode voltage range is given in the datasheet for VCC=30V and has for the whole temperature range from 0...VCC-2V.

The safety margin of 2V will be slightly larger with smaller VCC, but is not part of the guaranteed parameters.

The values for the output voltage can be found together with the environmental conditions in the data sheet, table 3.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Is LM321 same as TS321?

Although it is already Friday, I should concentrate more, because I actually meant the LMV321, which offers RRIO, but also only works up to 6V.

Regards

/Peter

Piranha
Chief II

The datasheet instantly answers all of those questions. If you cannot see those answers, it means you do not even understand the terms, which you are asking.