cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[B-L462E-CELL1] The modem doesn't respond to some AT commands

MDuar.2
Associate II

I have made an interface between stm32 and the modem, through serial communication(UART3). The modem answer ERROR to the following commands :

--> AT%SETCFG="NB_CATEGORY",1 and AT%GETCFG="NB_CATEGORY";

--> the command AT%SETCFG="BAND","3","20" or AT%SETCFG="BAND",Band3[,Band20]]. How can i set the bands?

I try to set the bands with the X-CUBE-CELLULAR but it gives ERROR too.

What am I missing? 0693W00000GVs1nQAD.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mariana,

I understand that you do not want to use the eSIM Truphone inside the Module. You just need to insert the SIM card in the SIM slot and X-CUBE-CELLULAR will first use the external SIM card. X-CUBE-CELLULAR will automatically select the plastic SIM card.

The modem support NB-IoT. To enable it, you need to send an AT command at at%setacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list,"NBIOT".

You enter this command on the terminal at anytime.

If you do not want to be disturbed by the trace, then i suggest you to configure the X-CUBE-CELLULAR to only run the modem as following:

1/ enter on the terminal "cst target off" to power of the Modem

2/enter "cst target modem" to Power on the Modem only. X-CUBE-CELLULAR boots the Modem and now ready to send any AT command to the Modem.

3/enter "at at%getacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list" to read the current RAT. It should return CatM

4/enter "at at%setacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list,"NBIOT" to select NBIoT. This configuration will be stored in the modem flash memory.

Now you can reboot the device, the Modem will search only NBIoT

I hope it helps

If you have any other issue, please share the log/trace to give us more information to support you.

Best Regards

Solofo

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
S.RA
ST Employee

Dear MDuar.2

Can you clarify what do you to achieve? Do you want to limit the number of bands to B3 and B20? Is it because you do not want the Modem to scan all band at boot up to optimize the boot time?

The AT command AT%SETCFG is not supported for the commercial version. If you have to change the bands then you should use the AT%SETSYSCFG command. You can download the AT command specification from MURATA website.

Best Regards

Solofo

Hi Solofo,

Thank you for your help. 

I want to perform the network registration, I'm not sure which are the AT commands sequence to achieve it ( the Murata documentation, only explores the AT commands functionalities). I thought that configuring the bands was a step to take. 

Can you clarify the AT commands sequence to perform the network registration? 

And if need I to boot the modem at a certain timing?

Thank you very much, 

Mariana

S.RA
ST Employee

Hi Mariana,

I understand your goal now. So, if your target is only to register to the network and get connectivity then you do not need to send any AT command to Modem. A part for configuration of Truphone as operator.

So, before doing that, can you just let X-CUBE-CELLULAR run and share the log that you can see on the terminal. It will help us to understand the issue you are facing.

Best Regards

Solofo

Hi Solofo, thank you. I'm not intended to use Truphone. I'm using a plastic card. In my country only NB-IoT is available. The modem supports the NB-IoT technology for the removable card, right? If yes, how do I perform the network registration?

Best Regards

Hi Mariana,

I understand that you do not want to use the eSIM Truphone inside the Module. You just need to insert the SIM card in the SIM slot and X-CUBE-CELLULAR will first use the external SIM card. X-CUBE-CELLULAR will automatically select the plastic SIM card.

The modem support NB-IoT. To enable it, you need to send an AT command at at%setacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list,"NBIOT".

You enter this command on the terminal at anytime.

If you do not want to be disturbed by the trace, then i suggest you to configure the X-CUBE-CELLULAR to only run the modem as following:

1/ enter on the terminal "cst target off" to power of the Modem

2/enter "cst target modem" to Power on the Modem only. X-CUBE-CELLULAR boots the Modem and now ready to send any AT command to the Modem.

3/enter "at at%getacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list" to read the current RAT. It should return CatM

4/enter "at at%setacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list,"NBIOT" to select NBIoT. This configuration will be stored in the modem flash memory.

Now you can reboot the device, the Modem will search only NBIoT

I hope it helps

If you have any other issue, please share the log/trace to give us more information to support you.

Best Regards

Solofo