cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32ai application is missing in X-CUBE-AI Expansion Package on linux!

MichelePerrone
Associate

Hi everybody,

I'm currently working with STM32CubeMX on manjaro linux. I downloaded the X-CUBE-AI Artificial Intelligence v5.2.0 package directly from the Embedded Software Packages Manager. I'm primarily interested in the stm32ai command-line interface, problem is, it just isn't there. According to the documentation in command_line_interface.html, the stm32ai application should be found in X-CUBE-AI/5.2.0/Utilities/linux. However, the Utilities/ folder is missing. I tried installing older versions of X-CUBE-AI (5.1.2 and 5.0.0) and I also tried downloading the extension from the website instead of STM32CubeMX: nothing!

Any hint will be appreciated.

Michele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

Starting with X-CUBE-AI 5.2 the OS specific part is delivered as a separated zip, it is downloaded by the tool the first time you use AI in a project or in the MCU selector.

One easy way to have those utilities downloaded is to start the MCU selector inside MX and check the AI filter, you can also add the AI component to a project.

As an alternative you can manually download the zip file here https://sw-center.st.com/packs/x-cube-ai/stm32ai-linux-5.2.0.zip, create the Utilities directory in the pack repository and unzip the zip there.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

Starting with X-CUBE-AI 5.2 the OS specific part is delivered as a separated zip, it is downloaded by the tool the first time you use AI in a project or in the MCU selector.

One easy way to have those utilities downloaded is to start the MCU selector inside MX and check the AI filter, you can also add the AI component to a project.

As an alternative you can manually download the zip file here https://sw-center.st.com/packs/x-cube-ai/stm32ai-linux-5.2.0.zip, create the Utilities directory in the pack repository and unzip the zip there.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MichelePerrone
Associate

Thank you very much Daniel, selecting the AI filter in the MCU selector did the trick.