cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

en.x-cube-nfc3. Nucleo SMTM32F103RB Project. How to send the messages also thru an additional UART port

Angel Melendez
Associate

en.x-cube-nfc3

Nucleo SMTM32F103RB Project

How to send the messages also thru an additional UART port (the same comments which are sent by the Nucleo USB port also sent by an additional UART of the Nucleo board)

Thanks

Is the CubeMX Project available for the en.x-cube-nfc3 projects?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

here is a ioc file for STM32CubeMx.

Just for my curiosity, why do you need to duplicate the traces on an additional port?

Basically, you need to:

• configure the aditionnal UART
  • modify the logUsartTx in logger.c file to add:
    • HAL_UART_Transmit(<your uart handle>, data, dataLen, USART_TIMEOUT);

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

here is a ioc file for STM32CubeMx.

Just for my curiosity, why do you need to duplicate the traces on an additional port?

Basically, you need to:

• configure the aditionnal UART
  • modify the logUsartTx in logger.c file to add:
    • HAL_UART_Transmit(<your uart handle>, data, dataLen, USART_TIMEOUT);

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dear Brian.

Thanks for your answer.

I needed this for getting the EVBs (STM32F103RB Nucleo + X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1) working ASAP.

I needed to connect the EVBs to my equipment thru a RS-232.

Reading the Nucleo user manual, I saw that the UART at CN3 was available for this. I used it and it worked.

Now, I only need to remove the logger mesagges and keep the ID data for passing it to my equipment. With this,

Thus, I can build a demo for demonstrating that the system works.

Then, the software engineers will optimize the code meanwhile I will design a board with the CR95HF and the SMT32F103RB.

Anyway, I'll try to use the .ioc you have sent. Also, I'll use it for trying to port the project to the STM32F103C6. This will allow us to design a cheaper board.

Thanks again.

Best regards.