cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ST25DV share I2C bus?

BHamm
Associate II

I am in early development of a board with an ST25DV64k, and am currently not doing anything to communicate with or configure the ST25DV. The I2C bus is shared with another device. The ST25DV addresses are 0x53 and 0x57 (7 most-significant bits), and the addresses for my other I2C device is 0x10 and 0x20.

While the I2C bus is busy with the other device, I am unable to successfully communicate with the ST25DV via NFC. The ST NFC Mobile app gives the error message "Error while reading tag!" almost all of the time. If I reduce the frequency of communications with this other device, the error occurs less frequently. If I halt all I2C communication, then the error does not occur, and communicating via NFC always succeeds.

I understand that the ST25DV cannot perform I2C and NFC communications at the same time, but none of the I2C communication is addressed to the ST25DV.

I did not expect this behavior. It's as if the ST25DV is processing the I2C messages, even though they are addressed to a different device.

Is there any problem with using 0x10 and 0x20 as addresses on the same bus? If not, is the behavior I'm seeing expected?

0 REPLIES 0