cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are library and example files for STM8-SO8-DISCO board?

MHenz
Associate II

I would like to develop an application with the STM8L001J3M3 microcontroller.

The UM2339 user manual for the Discovery Kit indicates that demonstration software is available at www.st.com/stm8-discovery web page. I cannot find any library or demonstration software at this URL.

I have downloaded STM8CubeMX. There is no support for the Discovery board.

Where do I find the library files and demonstration software to support the STM8L001J3M3 microcontroller?

Thank you,

Max

2 REPLIES 2
MNapi
Senior III

STM support *****, I have been looking for some good tutorials to learn it, there are none from STM.

Their manuals are full of data but you need to be computer scientist to understand how to implement it.

I have been able to scavenge a few lines of code here and there this is how I managed to do a small project and learn a little STM. But I still cannot find how to connect touch tft.

So I am using I2C to send data to arduino to display. Although STM has arduino connector for the display.

Phelonius
Associate

I haven't dug too deeply into it myself (and am still struggling to set up the development environment), but there is code here:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm8-embedded-software.html

I downloaded AN3281 "STM8 optimized I2C examples" and it seemed to contain full projects for several processors and the control files for both the COSMIC and Raisonance compilers.

I have experienced the same "where to go from a blank page" challenge as you in getting started with the STM8-SO8-DISCO board (a simple "hello world" to blink the LED as part of the basic downloads for the kit would have been monumentally helpful to verify the tool chain).