cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected values of variables in STM Studio

Stepan Podhorsky
Associate II

Hello,

I have been using STM studio for monitoring run time behavior of a software for STM32F4 and I have noticed that traces of some variables contain abrupt changes to zero value. The zero values are displayed despite the fact that the actual value of the variable is non-zero and constant (see the below given picture).

0690X000006BsKaQAK.jpgDoes anybody know what could be the reason of this behavior? Is it possible that this behavior is casused by sampling period setting in STM studio or is it caused by any "race condition" problem? Thank you for any suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
Sid
Associate II

I think its a classical case of stack overflow. You can switch on warning for stack overflow in your compiler and then narrow down to which step is causing stack overflow. Else step in your code to see if you are resetting some variables some where in the code. Best of Luck!

Sid
Associate II

I just realised you are using STM studio for visualization and not coding! in that case my comment doesnt hold valid. Extremely high sampling rates often cause such glitch in the STM studio.