cpinkstone
Associate II
Posted on December 03, 2008 at 06:37

Independent Watchdog

6 REPLIES 6
ping
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:53

Try to check section 16.3.3 of RM0008. You may get clue to solve your problem.

cpinkstone
Associate II

Dear All,

I'm trying to test the IWDG on the STM32. I have a couple of problems when I stop reloading the watchdog, and wait for a reset.

If I run in debug, with Keil ULINK, the processor does not reset. It just keeps running the program. How do I test the watchdog functionality?

Also if I run from flash and stop reloading the watchdog. My processor goes into reset, when the watchdog expires, but does not seem to recover.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

CEP.

jordi
Associate II

I'm also working with the IWDG, do you know if it's possible to read the internal counter value? I haven't seen the way in the Reference Manual.

I want to know if any refresh op is done dangerously close to the counter expiration.

jj
Associate II

Re: Watchdog refresh

We too would like to know ''how close'' we come to WD ''firing.'' As a work-around - can't you reduce the watchdog period by a small percentage - and repeat this until the WD fires?

jordi
Associate II

Quote:

On 28-11-2008 at 20:29, Anonymous wrote:

Re: Watchdog refresh

We too would like to know ''how close'' we come to WD ''firing.'' As a work-around - can't you reduce the watchdog period by a small percentage - and repeat this until the WD fires?

It doesn't seems very practical... Now I'm doing it using a timer

jordi
Associate II

Indeed I haven't also been able to see the internal watchdog activation while debugging through jtag. Looking at the DBGMCU_CR register it's all cleared but the behaviour is the same if the set the DBG_IWDG_STOP bit.

Pinkstone, have you found out how to do it?

Thanks,

J