Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DFU mode.

eleandir
Associate
Posted on May 20, 2011 at 10:28

Hello,

I have problem with updating firmware in STEVAL-MKI062V2. According to manual to update it I have to switch board into DFU mode, but system doesn't see the device in this mode. Below I wrote out in few steps what I did. I checked it for both Windows 7(x64) and Windows XP SP3.

1. Installation of whole software from CD: iNEMO Suit, DfuSe etc.

2. Plug device via usb cable

3. Check if it works correctly with iNEMO Suit. - It worked fine. I was able to capture some data.

4. Try to go into DFU mode from iNEMO Suit option. - It displays a message that device has been switched into DFU mode, but programs ''STDFU Tester'' and ''DfuSe Demonstration'' seems to not see it. Moreover system Device Manager doesn't see it too.

5. Turn off device. Hold button SW2. Turn on device. - System shows information about installation failure.

If someone had similar problem I would be grateful for any information.

#dfu #inemo #stevalmki062v2
1 REPLY 1
Fabio
Associate II
Posted on May 20, 2011 at 17:50

The general procedure is:

Install last version of iNEMO Suite 2.2 available at

http://www.st.com/inemo

Enter in DFU mode from ''Firmware Upgrade'' Suite's menu, and verify that the system recognize the board as “STM32 DFU device�.

In this case browse the desiderated .hex file from DFU images sub folder and upgrade the firmware.

If the board, when is in DFU mode, don’t is recognized as ''STM32 DFU device'', you may have two different problems:

1) The original DFU firmware was corrupted, in this case you need to download it again via JTAG

2) The driver was bad installed, in this case close all applications, remove from control panel the iNEMO suite and reinstall all again.

Best Regards

iNEMOâ„¢ Team