Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link problems on STM32F103

hermanv
Associate II
Posted on February 05, 2013 at 13:50

Hi all,

I am having difficulty using an ST-Link V2 to program the FLASH of my STM32F103 on the STM3210E-EVAL board. It programs up until the last block and then states a message that programming to that location failed. If I connect my J-Link to program all works fine.

I have seen suggestions with regard to firmware upgrades and software upgrades, but none of the upgrades made any difference on my system.

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?

Thanks,

H

#stlink
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on February 05, 2013 at 16:44

Perhaps the flash programming applet associated with the project thinks the flash is larger than the one on the die.

Does it fail with the ST Link utility, or the most current release of your tool chain?
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
hermanv
Associate II
Posted on February 08, 2013 at 09:50

Hi Clive,

It actually fails with the ST-Link standalone utility.

H

Posted on February 08, 2013 at 15:25

It actually fails with the ST-Link standalone utility.

Well that's a bit of a bugger. Might suggest you check on different PC, and with different chips/boards, older/newer version of the utility. This would give some idea if the problem follows. Check also that some blocks aren't write protected, or option byte settings.

I'd probably try to drive ST-Link through Keil, and see if mass erase, or applets used there perform any better.

The ST-Link is a pretty low rent solution, it doesn't have the commercial polish of the J-Link, et al

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..