Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F301: Speed feedback error at high temperature

L. G.
Associate
Posted on September 04, 2017 at 12:27

Dear Sirs,

I have same problems to drive one SM-PMSM at ambient temperature of 65°C.

At 25°C there is not any problem, all works as expected, but at 65°C a speed feedback error appear.

I checked the current sensing circuit, but all the electrical  signals on the OPAMP, power supply are ok.

The ambient temperature close to the micro-controller (rated T85) is around 70°C.

No any improvement if I change the motor BEMF parameter to compensate the BEMF changes due to the increased temperature.

Here below my settings:

- STM32F301C8T6;

- ST FOC library 4.2;

- sensor-less (Observer+PLL);

- one shunt and external OPAMP for the current sensing;

- Torque control;

- ambient temperature 65°C.

Do you have some hints to find the cause of the problem?

Thank you in advance for the help

2 REPLIES 2
Tomas DRESLER
Senior II
Posted on September 04, 2017 at 18:56

Dear L.G.,

speed feedback typically is caused by ripple in the speed estimation, in turn caused by worse current readings/response or misalignment of the motor model or speed PLL.

The easy: Try reducing G2 by factor two until the problem disappears. The same way you're however reducing probability of detecting stall.

The more difficult: look at DACs and compare what signals start deteriorating across the temperature. Good digital oscilloscope would help. Then, see which of the regulators may help tweaking.

Posted on September 08, 2017 at 19:22

Dear Edison,

the problem seems solved increasing the ADC clocks only.

But in this way the ripple of the estimated B-emf is increased a lot so I must increase the G2 in any case.

Thanks a lot, have a good day