m_kisacanin
Associate II
Posted on December 15, 2009 at 20:35

STM8S-Discovery - The Wish List

12 REPLIES 12
benryves
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 15:06

Thank you very much for your kind comments!

However (and I'm terribly sorry for this) but I missed an important step in configuring the firmware library in the tutorial I wrote (defining the MCU type).

The additional step can be found at the bottom of the ''Adding the standard firmware library'' section. I've added also a permanent link to the tutorial here -

http://benryves.com/tutorials/stm8s-discovery/

Without following this step you'll find some minor oddities (CLK_GetClockFreq() returning the wrong values) and some major irritations (attempting to use UART2 results in hundreds of compiler errors).

Sorry for any inconvenience!

col_kerr
Associate II

Hi I was wondering if anyone has found some assy code examples for this device as I have searched everywhere for some.

Cheers

Col

fggnrc2
Associate II

Hello,

I'm developing an application for a STM8S207C8 entirely in assembler.

I found almost no documentation that could help me in my task, so I had to learn by practice.

I learnt that STM8 core programming differs a lot from ST7 one.

For instance, the stack is the best place for local variables, but you have to pay attention to stack frames (and to optimize them too).

If you need some piece of advise on STM8 assembler programming, please, open a new topic and I'll will be glad to answer to your questions (if I can).

Regards,

EtaPhi