cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the original firmware for my Nucleo-u575zi-q that flashes the green, blue, red LEDs in sequence, or, how can I retrieve the firmware from an unmolested, new board?

TJM
Senior

I'd like to restore my Nucleo-u575zi-q to the stock firmware with the alternating green-blue-red LED progression but I can't find the original firmware app. I have the support pack but I can't identify that particular firmware example. Where can I find that, or, how can I retrieve the firmware from an unmolested, new board?  

Thanks,

tjm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> how can I retrieve the firmware from an unmolested, new board?  

You can download it with STM32CubeProgrammer.

Read 0x200000 bytes (2MB) at address 0x08000000 and save it to a BIN or HEX file.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

> how can I retrieve the firmware from an unmolested, new board?  

You can download it with STM32CubeProgrammer.

Read 0x200000 bytes (2MB) at address 0x08000000 and save it to a BIN or HEX file.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. I was unsure of how many bytes to read and tried to use a minimum guess instead just using the entire block, or doing a bit more looking. Obviously, this works, but now that the entire block is visible I can find the end of the code and just save that, which also works.

Thanks again,

TJM

PS: A hint that's undoubtedly well known. I made a move from state to state and I'm just now getting my boards, tools, applications and computers sorted to start playing again, this after a bit over 3 months. As a hobbyist there's a good amount of detail lost over that time.