cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U575

guilledacosta
Associate

Hello. I have been dealing with USBx host HID application for a while trying to find a soluction to my problem but despite that I dont know what else to look for to make it work. I'm working with Cube 6.9.2 and with its lastest library STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.3.0. on a STM32 U575 microcontroller. I do not use USBPD, but I have seen the examples are provided, and in base to that I try to aply ir to my own project not using that specific library. Working with threadx. Clock configuration for USB is correct at 48Mhz, and USB HAL_HCD_IRQHandler is being called if I plug a keyboard.

The problem I have is that no matter what I do, always ends calling "ux_host_error_callback" and logs "UX_DEVICE_ENUMERATION_FAILURE". Any ideas as what to to to solve it are welcome.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @guilledacosta 

The "UX_DEVICE_ENUMERATION_FAILURE" error typically indicates a failure in the USB device enumeration process. There could be several reasons for this error to occur. Here are a few suggestions to help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Verify USB hardware connections: Ensure that your USB hardware connections are correct and properly soldered. Check for any loose or faulty connections that may be causing communication issues.

2. Check USB descriptors: Review the USB device descriptors of your application. Ensure that the descriptors are correctly defined and match the device's specifications. Make sure the descriptors are properly stored in memory and accessible by the USB stack.

3. Verify USB clock configuration: Double-check your USB clock configuration and ensure that it is set to the correct frequency  (48MHz )  *Select HSE clock  (Bypass HSE )

*Configure RCC clocks :set 8 MHz HSE as input frequency

Ensure that the clock is stable and properly initialized before starting the USB stack.

4.check this Link , it could be very helpful

Thx

Ghofrane

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @guilledacosta 

The "UX_DEVICE_ENUMERATION_FAILURE" error typically indicates a failure in the USB device enumeration process. There could be several reasons for this error to occur. Here are a few suggestions to help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Verify USB hardware connections: Ensure that your USB hardware connections are correct and properly soldered. Check for any loose or faulty connections that may be causing communication issues.

2. Check USB descriptors: Review the USB device descriptors of your application. Ensure that the descriptors are correctly defined and match the device's specifications. Make sure the descriptors are properly stored in memory and accessible by the USB stack.

3. Verify USB clock configuration: Double-check your USB clock configuration and ensure that it is set to the correct frequency  (48MHz )  *Select HSE clock  (Bypass HSE )

*Configure RCC clocks :set 8 MHz HSE as input frequency

Ensure that the clock is stable and properly initialized before starting the USB stack.

4.check this Link , it could be very helpful

Thx

Ghofrane