cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

version 1.2.0 CubeMonitor, MB1035B discovery board, st-linkV2-1 and STM32F303 MCU, SWD Connection Fail

AKost
Associate

I`m trying to read an array of about 256 units of uint16 global memory variables which are loaded from *.axf with "variables node" and to display it as Bar Chart with "chart node", the single read procedure is triggering by "button node" with topic "read". "Acq out node" configured as for st-link communication. After deploying i see "p2p connected" and click the button, the data appears in chart correctly... once. And then st-link is getting totally unable to communicate with message "not connected! SWD protocol not supported(f1)". Any other software goes unable to connect with ST-link (without USB replugging) with messages like "STlink USB communication error". Devboard MB1035B works nice and programs and debug without any errors. Other words this issue appears only in CubeMonitor. But the almost same flows.json dashboard works very good and read and write any values for ST-Link+STM32F103 thirdparty board. Is any solution at this case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @AKost​ 

Thanks' for your feedback, those 2 commands are part of the tool since a while, Could be the default access point value that is not a supported AP value for those 2 boards.

Access point value can be accessed when editing the variables node:

0693W00000DqEvqQAF.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AKost
Associate

Okay i found the source of the issue by myself, there was 2 "new" commands of the st-link/V2, that called from inside of node_modules\@stm32\stm32cubemonitor-stlink-protocol\src\jtagcommands.js :

STLINK_JTAG_INIT_AP: 0x4b, // New in ST-Link/V2 from version J28

STLINK_JTAG_CLOSE_AP_DBG: 0x4c, // New in ST-Link/V2 from version J28

I suppose that 2 commands cannot work fine at least with stm32f303 & stm32F746 devboards for reasons unknown for me, and makes communication breaking down. So i've "solved" my problem locally by disabling this 2 commands.

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @AKost​ 

Thanks' for your feedback, those 2 commands are part of the tool since a while, Could be the default access point value that is not a supported AP value for those 2 boards.

Access point value can be accessed when editing the variables node:

0693W00000DqEvqQAF.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.