cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The easiest way to visualise serial port in to line chart

z�?en
Associate II

Do we have any example showing us getting data from serial and visualising it on the line chart?

So I started exploring stm32cubemonitor. First I tried this configuration by reading directly variable register but it didn't work for me, i was getting 0 values and line charts don't make sense in this case.

zen_1-1700406071058.png

I build my application on zephyrOS. So the issue may be because of that. But anyway, I dont have time to figure it out now. So I decided to move getting data from serial comport and show it on the line chart but I couldn't find any examples

zen_0-1700405967786.png

here is my basic flow, but I know it is not easy like this above, so First I checked the data structures chart node can accept and visualise it. And it is: 

The following example shows an input msg for a chart node for the variable "var1" :

{
        "topic":"data",
        "payload":
        {
          "groupname": "groupname1",
          "variablename": "var1",
          "variabledata": [
            {
              "x": "0",
              "y": "1231"
            },
            {
              "x": "1",
              "y": "12"
            },
            {
              "x": "2",
              "y": "3615"
            }
          ]
        }
      }

So I am printing out exactly in this structure but I cant still see anything on the chart. So can anyone shed some light on how to fix it? An example would be nice.

zen_2-1700406640824.png

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @z�?en 

Your msg payload is a string, whilst line chart expect an JSON object. You should try to inject with this:

RichardChvr_0-1701278188052.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.