cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the CubeMonitor in snapshot mode without trigger supported?

SZENG.1
Associate II

I instrumented the code with the supplied code, and it works fine in STM Studio, but when used in CubeMonitor, after started, the dashbord just displays 'Acquisition started, waiting for value'. I've checked the data flow from STLink and found that only 'x' value present in the data payload, but without 'y' value.

Is there a way to trigger the data sample manually? Or supporting trigger is mandatory in snapshot mode?

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Mbert.1,

The variables are loaded from the executable file. You have to go to the variable node, select the elf file as well as the variables to plot.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32CubeMonitor:How_to_extract_address_from_ELF_files

In snapshot mode the executable file must contain the variable "Header address", you have to instrument your embedded application. For this you need the dataAcq files which you will find in the snapshot_embedded_SW zip file included in the installation package.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32CubeMonitor:How_to_perform_an_acquisition_in_snapshot_mode

Christophe.

Mbert.1
Associate II

hi, my goal is to verify a variable named "b" which is increased up to 1000 and then reset to zero, the increase takes place via an interrupt that is generated every 100 ns and check on CubeMonitor in snapshot mode the value of the variable.0693W000000W67RQAS.png Inside the installation folder of the CubeMonitor program I found the dataAcq.c and dataAcq.h files. Inside the dataAcq.c file I found that I had to set SNP_TRC_TIMESTAMP_VALUE (with a value between 1 and 1000) and did not modify NP_TRC_BUFFER_SIZE (50 * (SNP_TRC_NB_MAX_WORD_VAR + 1)).0693W000000W66xQAC.png in the dataAcq.h SNP_TRC_NORD_ORD_MAX_ORD_MAR_MAX file.

0693W000000W66dQAC.png

how should these values be determined? In CubeMonitor I found other values to set in the variable medu (sampling frequenty, trigger treshord). how can i determine these values?0693W000000W67HQAS.png

Mbert.1
Associate II

I need to understand how to set SNP_TRC_BUFFER_SIZE in order to display 100 points on the STM STUDIO, setting the quantity of variables to 9 (SNP_TRC_NB_MAX_WORD_VAR = 9). In STM STUDIO I set the Start in (Manual) and the Stop (when buffer full). if I set SNP_TRC_BUFFER_SIZE (10 * (SNP_TRC_NB_MAX_WORD_VAR + 1)) I don't find myself in STM STUDIO 100 points but I find myself with 32 points. How can I get 100 points, how should the variables be set.

No update since a while, closing the post.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.