cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE stealing focus

JMath.2
Associate II

Is there a way to disable STMCube IDE from constantly stealing focus? I'd rather get to it when I'm done with another window than be interrupted Clippy style 😉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In CubeIDE - try exactly the same place 😉

I Agree, this is a very annoying default behavior in Eclipse. We have tried to disable it in the past, but there were no simple "preferences" to modify the default without patching (if my memory serves me well).

This setting is one of the first settings I change when starting a new workspace in CubeIDE.

You can change this from the prefernces page in your link above, or toggle this on/off with these buttons directly in console:

0693W00000GZci5QAD.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

In what situations does it grab focus?

Behavior inherited from Eclipse is unlikely to change.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Garnett.Robert
Senior III

I agree it's a pain, but Eclipse is just being Eclipse!

The debugger. Eclipse does have something similar and it can be disabled. Not sure where this is in Cube?
https://georgik.rocks/how-to-disable-stealing-of-focus-by-console-in-eclipse/
TDK
Guru

> Not sure where this is in Cube?

Same place as in Eclipse.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

In CubeIDE - try exactly the same place 😉

I Agree, this is a very annoying default behavior in Eclipse. We have tried to disable it in the past, but there were no simple "preferences" to modify the default without patching (if my memory serves me well).

This setting is one of the first settings I change when starting a new workspace in CubeIDE.

You can change this from the prefernces page in your link above, or toggle this on/off with these buttons directly in console:

0693W00000GZci5QAD.png