cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE sharing workspace via Dropbox between Windows, MacOS and Linux

Dabbo
Associate III

I run MacOS at home, Windows at work and Linux in my workshop. I run STM32CubeIDE on all three platforms with a common workspace: a folder on Dropbox. I was hoping this would allow me to switch easily between platforms on the same project. In reality, this does cause issues which I can sometimes get around but I'm not confident I can work this way reliably. Of course, I could share the source code and have 3 separate projects for the same project, but causes obvious version control issues.

I think the problem is to do with the metadata files. Any advice from someone who has faced and solved a similar issue would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

dropbox allows you to ignore (exclude from sync) folders, see the docs.Try this for the .metadata and maybe .settings folders. Keep the IDE versions in sync on all systems. I woudln't rely on cloud sharing services but git for any serious version control.

hth

KnarfB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KnarfB
Principal III

dropbox allows you to ignore (exclude from sync) folders, see the docs.Try this for the .metadata and maybe .settings folders. Keep the IDE versions in sync on all systems. I woudln't rely on cloud sharing services but git for any serious version control.

hth

KnarfB