cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Link connection issue

demir
Senior II

Hi,

I have converted ST Link into J link by performing instructions here.

Afterwards, I converted J-Link into ST Link. But, I can not use ST Link driver. I can not connect to the board via ST Link. I get this error below. Could anyone help me with this please ?

demir_0-1709469551719.png

I have connected the board directly to the USB port on PC, not via hub or deck.

I have checked that, ST-Link Debug is seen under device manager.

demir_1-1709469611756.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have found out the solution and now it works again!

I think this is a common issue, so I hope the ones who encounter this problem will use this solution from onwards.

Unplug the usb cable from the PC, then plug it and immediately click on Help --> St Link upgrade -- > Open in Update Mode --> Upgrade.

demir_0-1709474606280.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Can you connect with STM32CubeProgrammer? Does the STLink show up? Does the target voltage show up?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I can not.

demir_0-1709472992462.png

TDK
Guru

Wonder if the "unflashing" of J-link didn't quite return things to normal. Have you rebooted since then? I'd try that, but am otherwise out of ideas.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks.

Yes, I rebooted but that didnt return things to normal. I have double checked unflashing of J-Link is successful or not, please see below image from STLinkReflash tool.

demir_0-1709473695861.png

I have found out the solution and now it works again!

I think this is a common issue, so I hope the ones who encounter this problem will use this solution from onwards.

Unplug the usb cable from the PC, then plug it and immediately click on Help --> St Link upgrade -- > Open in Update Mode --> Upgrade.

demir_0-1709474606280.png