cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem updating to STM32cubeIDE 1.14.1

ray1martin
Associate

I presently have STM32CubeIDE 1.10.1 installed on my Windows 10 PC. It fails when I attempt to update to 1.14.0. Fig 1 shows the present version and Fig 2 shows the available updates and Fig 4 shows the error message. How do I get this to work? I would like to avoid uninstalling everything then reinstalling from scratch, especially since I don’t know why it now fails. Even though the installer failed, I‘m still able to use the old version (1.10.1) of STM32CubeIDE with EGit on that PC.

I was able to successfully update STM32CubeIDE 1.10.1 to 1.14.0 on a different PC. Below are details about the failed update.

Update Error.png

1 REPLY 1
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

I was able to successfully update STM32CubeIDE 1.10.1 to 1.14.0 on a different PC. 

Unfortunately, PCs are complicated systems with many variable components, so it is very hard to tell why something does not work - unless you have a pool of identical PCs installed from same software image.

So the common advise is to download installer & fresh install instead of update in the app. Remove the old version or install a new version side by side. This helps to avoid downtime and distraction, staying focused on our own work.

By the same reason it's better to avoid the egit bundled with  CubeIDE. Have your own version control software (git or whatever else) and update it when you like to.