cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My project can not debug the STM32CubeIDE.

HJung.3
Associate II

Hi. i'm research about UWB communication and localization.

My project need to accumulate the Channel impulse response. so we was bought the decawave UWB product that model is EVK1000 kit. (just single model is EVB1000)

In order to obtain CIR data, firmware is required, so the sample is executed using STM32cubeide v17.0, but there is a problem with the debug.

First, that can't find the ST-LINK/V2 serial number.

Second, when i click the debug​ button, see error message "Won't launch debug session since we failed to locate the binary."

0693W00000FCZaYQAX.pngThird, my debug configuration setting uncertain.

0693W00000FCZb1QAH.png0693W00000FCZbQQAX.png

I need to help as soon as possible this project deadline coming..

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
TDK
Guru

Can you connect to it using STM32CubeProgrammer?

What are you using for a debugger and how is it connected to the board?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Georgy Moshkin
Senior II

Check Project → Properties → C/C++ Build → Settings → Tool Settings → MCU Post build outputs if "Convert to binary file" is checked

0693W00000FCb1tQAD.jpg 

By default, if you double-click on "STM32 Cortex-M C/C++ application" on your screenshot it will create debug configuration which works (at least with ST-Link + SWDIO). Try to double-click on "STM32 Cortex-M C/C++ application", last in your list, with a blue icon, and open debug tab, you can change it to openOCD:

0693W00000FCb3LQAT.jpg 

Yes i was connected however STM32Cubeprogrammer can not connect my ST-LINK/V2 and not find serial number. but, the STM32ST-Linkutility can connect directly. i tried reinstall ST-Link driver that not affect.

Um.... debugger..? i don't know i'm beginner this field just using the STM32CubeIDE and related software such as STM32CubeMX.

And it is connected EVK1000(EVB1000) board that was developed the Decawave. EVK1000 using DW1000 UWB chip.

I have one question. why my STM32CubeProgrammer can't find serial number..? i tried so many time ... do not..

Try to close STM32CubeIde before running STM32CubeProgrammer.

Try to create new debug configuration by double-clicking "STM32 Cortex-M C/C++ application" and press "Debug" button.

Thanks the answer.

I checking my C/C++ build setting but, i can't see category in the Tool setting menu.

0693W00000FCb7YQAT.png Maybe some wrong my tool setting. how can i fix? sorry i'm beginner this field.

And created the debug configuration about "STM32 Cortex-M C/C++ aplication", By the way, there were two problems.

First. Main tap ​have some issue the "Program not specified" error.

0693W00000FCbBZQA1.pngSecond. how can i change the open ocd? Now my setting is "ST-LINK (ST-LINK GDB server)" when i change the "ST-LINK (OpenOCD)" there's no setting.

0693W00000FCbBPQA1.png 

Thanks Georgy.

How is the board physically connected to your PC? You need a programmer in order to program it. The EVK1000 does not have a built-in programmer.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Sorry late. My test board consist of USB and ST-LINK/V2. ST-LINK and USB connected PC. below uploaded picture.

0693W00000FCijOQAT.jpg

How did you create your project in cubeIde? For some reason your project toolchain is not configured properly. Maybe project was created or imported from older Ide version and something is broken now. In this case installing older Ide version would be fastest way to make things work. Problem with debug in current version may be investigated later ​

I may have found a solution. I was working on my new gesture recognition module project for Arduino and other I2C capable boards, and my STM32H7 bootloader project refused to debug after I copied some files. I am not sure what exactly caused this, but what was missing is "C/C++ Application:" path to my "Debug/h7-loader-25mhz-pa9pa10.elf".

On your screenshots "C/C++ Application:" is blank too. Try to do this to fix it:

1 - manually enter path to ELF file in  "C/C++ Application:" 

or

2 - go to "Common tab", check "display in favorites menu" for "Run". Close all dialogs. After pressing debug hotkey/menu, STM32Cube Ide pop-ups message and asks which .ELF file to use.

I hope this solves debug button grayed out / error problem.