cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find boot1 on GUI on many STM32

Cyril C
Associate II

Hello, 

I'm currently using stm32F410, i want to get to the system memory in order to use bootloader in UART and upgrade my firmware. I saw on datasheet that i need to pilot pin BOOT1. The problem is that on the graphical interface of STM32CubeIDE or CubeMx, when i click on PB2 (that should have the additionnal function "BOOT1"), i can't find BOOT1. 

Capture STM32.PNG

I saw that someone had a problem like this in 2018. I would like to know if it's fix or if there's another way to do it. I tried some otherm STM such as STM32F401 / F407, same problem. Only one card worked, it was the STM32F303 because i have to configure option bytes for BOOT1 and not pins. 

Waiting for your responses.
Thanks.

Cyril.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The pin does not have to be specially configured as BOOT1, but is queried (sampled) exactly once with the fourth rising edge of SYSCLK after a reset. The schematics would therefore have to be designed in such a way that BOOT1 (PB2) can be set accordingly without significantly disturbing or even damaging the application.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

This may indeed be confusing, however the RM0401, section 2.6 writes about it:

The values on the BOOT pins are latched on the 4th rising edge of SYSCLK after a reset. It
is up to the user to set the BOOT1 and BOOT0 pins after reset to select the required boot
mode.

BOOT0 is a dedicated pin while BOOT1 is shared with a GPIO pin. Once BOOT1 has been
sampled, the corresponding GPIO pin is free and can be used for other purposes.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for responding that quick. 

Actually, i don't know how to configure it when it doesn't appear on the GUI. What do you mean by sampling BOOT1 ? 

Regards,

Cyril.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The pin does not have to be specially configured as BOOT1, but is queried (sampled) exactly once with the fourth rising edge of SYSCLK after a reset. The schematics would therefore have to be designed in such a way that BOOT1 (PB2) can be set accordingly without significantly disturbing or even damaging the application.

Regards
/Peter

Cyril C
Associate II

It worked, thanks you, now i have to talk with my bootloader 🙂

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Great!

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Accept as Solution, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!
/Peter